Need Help with Your Taxes in Round Rock, TX–
And to Keep More of What You Make?
Are you looking for tax preparation and planning services that will help you minimize your taxes and meet all those tax deadlines?
Do you want tax time to be as easy and painless as possible?
Do you want a proactive tax preparer that can help you find effective and safe ways to reduce your tax bill?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you’re in the perfect place to find out about how we can help you with your tax return preparation, fast and easy filing, and tax planning to reduce your tax bill. We can help you save time and money and reduce the stress that goes along with tax time.
We can handle tax return preparation and filing for individuals, sole practitioners with businesses, landlords and more!
These days, tax return preparation is best left in the hands of a tax professional with access to highly complex professional tax software and who can check the results against their knowledge of the latest tax laws.
Tax Preparation Services We Provide
We help our clients with the following services:
- Prepare your tax return with our professional software
- Adjust or catch up your business or investment bookkeeping records so they are tax-ready
- Check for every deduction and credit for which you are eligible
- Double- and triple-check your tax return’s accuracy
- Review any red flags generated by our tax software and inform you of any that might increase your risk or review or audit
- Explain the complex in an understandable way so you can feel confident you’ve made the right decision
- Electronically file your tax returns so you can get any refunds back as fast as possible
- Provide you a link where you can check on your refund status
- Keep you informed of due dates within the scope of our engagement with you so you can stop worrying whether you’ve forgotten to file something important
- Answer your questions and explain your options
- Help you with recordkeeping requirements
- Provide year-round access to copies of your returns should you need them to purchase a new house or take out a loan
- Be available to call or email year-round for additional tax questions or services
- Help you adjust your tax withholding amounts for next year
- Calculate estimated tax payments you may need to make to reduce or avoid penalties for next year
- Make tax projections throughout the year so there are no surprises
- Meet with you to determine ways to reduce your tax bill for next year
- Provide you with deductions and credits you may be able to take next year to reduce your taxes
Tax Return Preparation Services for Individuals
We know that tax time is probably not your favorite time of the year! We want to make it as quick and pain-free as possible for you. We can help you navigate the maze of forms, requirements, deadlines, and constantly changing tax laws so that you can be aware of the possible financial opportunities available to your circumstances.
No matter what kind of income you have – paycheck income from a job that issues a W-2, contract work with 1099s, social security income, rental income, business income, stock sales, interest and dividend income, unemployment compensation, income from partnerships, LLCs, or S-Corps, or any other type of income – we can help you determine how to account for it on your tax return. We can help you take all of the deductions and credits for which you are eligible, such as property taxes, medical expenses, charitable contributions, business expenses, retirement plan contributions, the new 20% business deduction for pass-through entities, child tax credits, and so many more.
There are many types of tax services for individuals:
- Tax preparation for individuals with a full-time paycheck job
- Tax preparation for retired individuals with social security income, retirement withdrawals and possibly other income
- Tax preparation for taxpayers with a contract job or who are sole proprietors of a small business
- Tax preparation for landlords who own rental property
- Tax preparation for dependent children who have income
In any case, we can help you prepare and efile the correct forms and accompanying schedules based on your individual needs.
Tax Returns That Have Not Been Filed on Time
Are you late filing a tax return? Have you missed a few years and want to get caught up?
We can help you prepare and file prior year tax returns. If you have challenges with lost records, we can help you through the process. It’s easier than you may think. Sometimes all the worry you’ve built up during the time that you haven’t filed can be bigger in your mind than it is if you just get help now to get it done. Take the first step and call us.
When your return is late, there are two penalties: failure to pay and failure to file. These penalties only get larger the more time you wait. The best option is to get professional help to work out a payment plan with the IRS or the state. With tax professionals like us negotiating for you, it’s very common to get a portion of the amount due forgiven.
Tax Returns That Need to Be Amended
There are many reasons a tax return needs to be amended. There may have been an error made when it was originally filed. It could be that a tax law changed, and amending a return puts the taxpayer in a better position. In any case, if you need to amend a return for any reason, we can help you.
If you receive a letter from the IRS, we can help you interpret what they need you to do next. The letter could be a standard routine notice or it could be something bigger like an audit. In either case, we’re here year-round to help.
Hiring a Tax Preparer
Not all tax preparers are the same. When you hire a tax preparer, make sure they:
- Have obtained a current year PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number). Otherwise, they are ineligible to prepare your IRS returns.
- Have attended continuing education tax courses in the last few months so they know the newest year’s rules.
- Have a quality control process within their business so that your return will be checked for errors.
- Can give you an estimated turnaround time of when your return will be filed. Please be patient with your preparer and remember that they have to do a year’s worth of worth in the 10 or so weeks from February to April.
- Can eFile your returns so that your refund, if any, will be returned faster.
- Can guarantee accuracy based on the items you’ve provided your tax preparer.
- Explain your return to you so that you understand what you are signing. You are ultimately responsible for your own tax return, so it’s essential that you understand it.
Feel free to ask us these questions, too! It’s important that you feel comfortable with the tax preparer you choose to work with.
No matter who you hire to do your taxes, please be careful of the rampant frauds surrounding the IRS each year. The IRS will never call you about your return. Do not provide any private information over the phone to people you don’t know, even if they say they are from the IRS.
Here’s a web page form the IRS to educate you about tax scams and abusive preparers so you don’t become a victim of fraud. https://www.irs.gov/compliance/criminal-investigation/tax-fraud-alerts
We’re committed to helping you keep your hard-earned money without paying a penny more in taxes than you’re legally required to do. And some of the biggest savings can come when we work together and plan ahead.
We offer proactive tax planning suggestions to save you money when tax time comes. Please give us a call any time of the year, so we can start finding ways to save you money.
Tax ID Numbers
All taxpayers need ID numbers to file their taxes. Individuals need a Social Security number or an ITIN. Businesses need a Federal employer identification number. If you need help acquiring these IRS IDs, we can help.
Your Options for
Individual Tax Preparation
Access to our secure portal
Completion and e-filing of your federal income tax return
Electronic copy (PDF) of tax return and worksheets
Audit assistance and identity theft restoration services
Monthly payment making it easier for you to budget
Unlimited ad-hoc tax advice throughout the year
Federal tax deadline alerts throughout the year
Quarterly tax newsletter
Personal balance sheet and net worth tracking
100% Service guarantee
PEACE OF MIND Package
Essential TAX PACKAGE
(Applied to total package price)
If your sole proprietorship business has an active VFM* package with us
Submit all tax forms (except K-1s) and info to us by Feb 21 / Mar 6
Submit all your tax forms and info to us electronically (no paper)
5% / 2.5%
PEACE OF MIND Package
6% / 3%
Essential TAX PACKAGE
7% / 3.5%