QuickBooks Online Payroll
QuickBooks Online Payroll (QBO Payroll), made by Intuit, is a leading cloud payroll provider, and it’s our payroll software of choice for our clients who don’t already have a payroll provider. Here are a few reasons why:
- QBO Payroll is a full-service payroll subscription. You specify how much and when to pay your employees. Payroll calculations, tax deposits, payroll tax returns and W-2 filing are all done for you.
- It has a slick “Auto Payroll” feature that will save you time if your employees are salaried or hourly with a default number of hours.
- Your payroll system is available anytime, anywhere with internet access on computer or mobile device.
- Employees have an online portal to view pay stubs, W-2s and more.
- Intuit invests heavily into ongoing enhancements of the software, so it keeps getting better. As with all cloud software, it’s upgraded automatically so you won’t have to install updates manually.
- QBO Payroll has very tight integration with QuickBooks Online (the accounting side of your books).
If you need payroll and don’t already have a payroll provider (or want to switch), we will bundle your QBO Payroll subscription with your Bookkeeping & Accounting package, and we will provide setup assistance, ongoing payroll support and payroll liability reconciliations. QBO Payroll is offered in several editions. We can help you determine which one is the best fit for your company’s needs.
If you already have a payroll service with another provider, we can still work with you for Bookkeeping & Accounting. If your payroll service integrates with QBO (as many do), great! If not, we can record periodic, manual payroll journal entries to your books so that your payroll is properly reflected on your financial statements.