CLOUD ACCOUNTING AND BOOKKEEPING FOR SERVICE, REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES
The Value of Working with an Accountant
It’s a fact: Working with an accountant dramatically increases the odds of success for your business.
Navigating the challenges of building and running your business can seem overwhelming, and with 50% of businesses failing in their first five years (Source: SBA), it makes good sense to find ways to increase your chances of success.
Too many business owners try to “wing it” but simply don’t have the time and/or expertise to set up and maintain streamlined accounting processes and systems to ensure accurate, reliable information.
We’re here to help you achieve your vision for your business. It starts with getting your books ship-shape but doesn’t end there. Here a few of the ways we can support you in your journey:
- Accounting System Setup | We tailor your system to meet your unique needs, and we can train your staff so they can be up and running in no time.
- Cleanup | Perhaps your accounting system is already set up but it’s a mess and you can’t get meaningful information from it. We can help.
- Process Development and Improvement | The accounting function is necessary in every business, but it shouldn’t be cumbersome or inefficient. We can help streamline processes and even help you go paperless.
- Profitability Analysis | Monitoring overall results for your business is a must. We prefer to dig deeper and help you understand profitability by project, property, location, etc.
- Budgeting | We can help you create a budget for your business and provide reporting to keep you on track towards your goals.
- Metrics |Key performance indicators (KPIs) are the “vital signs” to measure the health of your business. We can set up monitoring, so you know when you are on the right track and when corrective action is needed… before it’s too late.
- Staff Training & Coaching | If you don’t have the time or expertise to train your bookkeeping or accounting staff, we can provide the training and coaching they need to become proficient in their accounting duties.
- Sounding board | It can be difficult to find good advice when you are in business for yourself. Friends and spouses who are not self-employed don’t often understand the challenges we face. As a fellow small business owner, we can act as a sounding board for your business ideas and provide a fresh, experienced perspective.
Where Are You In Your Accounting Journey?
What Our Clients Say
"I enjoy working with Scott not only because he is an extremely knowledgeable CPA, but he enjoys teaching me, as a small business owner, how to run my business and bookkeeping more effectively. A great value add."
"For over a year, Scott Springer has been an effective conversation partner, listening patiently to my leadership vision and management needs, as we launched a new division consolidating disparate existing programs and also creating additional, innovative educational resources.
Because Scott understood the complex nature of the financing of this new start-up division, he was able to build a comprehensive General Ledger, with associated Financial Statements, and a set of Project Codes that, for the first time, allow me to track the financial trajectory of each of the seven major projects that form [my division]. His invaluable insights and suggestions saved us countless hours of frustration and confusion, and efficiently directed us toward greater financial and operational clarity."
"I have been working with Scott since January 2018 and have had such a positive experience. When we first engaged with him, our books were a mess and didn't follow basic accounting principles. He was able to work closely with myself to clean up years of data, researched prior grant use, documented everything, and cleaned up our accounting practices.
We now have well-documented procedures, a simple end of month closing process, and up-to-date, well-run books. Scott is patient, thorough, and very responsive and will work with you until you fully understand your process and numbers. I highly recommend him and his firm for anyone who is looking for a solid accountant as well as a guide in the process."
“Scott was professional, thorough, and easy to work with! I highly recommend their accounting services.”