Running an internet-based business has its own set of issues compared to managing a business with physical locations. First, there are many different types of ecommerce businesses: e-tailers serving consumers, online businesses, internet marketers, business-to-business internet companies, membership-based sites, businesses supported by advertising revenue, bloggers, ecommerce websites, affiliate marketers, and domain flippers, to name a few.
A few of the unique accounting issues for online businesses include multi-state sales tax responsibility, revenue tracking from multiple systems, proper system selection, and integration issues. It can be a challenge when revenue comes from multiple sources, such as Amazon, EBay, Shopify, and Etsy, if you don’t have the right accounting system to capture and record it all.
We offer ecommerce businesses the following accounting services:
- Accounting software selection, installation, customization, and training
- eComerce system and/or shopping cart integration
- Merchant account selection and support
- Monthly, quarterly or annual bookkeeping services for ecommerce businesses, including reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable support
- Financial report preparation, including assistance in understanding your reports
- Budgeting support
- Chart of Accounts design for better expense management
- Inventory management
- Mobile accounting functionality
- Multi-state sales and use tax reporting and compliance
- Payroll software selection, reporting, tax compliance, workers compensation, and other payroll management issues
- Tax return preparation and planning
- And more depending on your specific financial needs